Columbia University’s new Master of Science in Applied Analytics empowers leaders and managers to assess the application of their organization’s data and analytics. You will learn how to define and frame analytical problems, how to decide which data are collected and what analyses should be performed, and how to communicate and work with analysts on solutions that are technically sound as well as valuable to the organization.
Created in response to this gap, Columbia’s groundbreaking graduate degree in analytics focuses more on reasoning with data and building organizational value, and less on pure statistics or data science. Industry veterans and top researchers have created a curriculum combining instruction in strategic leadership, communications, and change management with technical courses that emphasize how to frame problems, articulate business value, and interpret results. All coursework matches theory with practice, encompassing lectures, case studies, group discussion and exercises, role-play, presentations, and applied practice.
Available part-time and full-time, the program is anchored by three week-long courses on Columbia’s campus in New York City that feature networking, group exercises, and guest lecturers. Between these courses, you will complete additional coursework on campus or online through a networked learning platform. For your final capstone project, you will apply your knowledge to develop a real-world analytics project sponsored by a leading organization.
The program consists of required courses in two core areas. The Leadership, Management, and Communication Core develops an enterprise-wide perspective on data and the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to inspire, create, and foster an analytical culture within an organization. The Applied Analytics Core develops a broad understanding of the frameworks for the use of data to inform real-life business problems from data collection to application in decision-making. This core introduces you to the methods and range of tools and systems that organizations use to conceptualize, collect, manage, and analyze data to produce information to make it actionable across their enterprise.
For your elective study, you will choose three courses that align with your professional interests and goals. Completing your Integrated Capstone Project, you will apply what you have learned in the two core components to a real-world, analytics project sponsored by a leading organization.
- Applied Analytics in the Organizational Context
- Block Week Course: Analytics and Leading Change
- Research Design
- Applied Analytics Frameworks and Methods
- Oral Communication (if required*)
- Block Week Course: Strategic Leadership in Analytics-Focused Organizations
- Modern Database Architecture
- Strategic Communications
- Data Visualization & Design
- Block Week Course: Capstone
In order to secure a place in the program, admitted students must pay a nonrefundable deposit of $500 to the university by the deadline stated in the acceptance letter. The deposit is credited toward the student's tuition upon matriculation. Under no circumstances can the acceptance deposit be waived. Students who fail to submit their deposit by the deadline forfeit their place in the entering class. Students who make deposits but do not enroll on the agreed date lose their deposits.
Fall 2016 - $1,922.00 per point*
* Tuition and fees are subject to Board of Trustee approval and may change.
This listing is intended to summarize possible charges that could be incurred against a student's account. Certain charges depend upon specific circumstances, as noted. Fees that are not billed to the student account, such as course fees or placement test fees, may be required but are not listed here.
Application Fee - $95.00
Student Activities Fee - $300.00 per term
University Facilities Fee*
Full-time students (Fall & Spring) - $484.00 per term
Full-time students (Summer 2015) - $448.00 flat rate
Part-time students (Fall & Spring) - $273.00 per term
Part-time students (Summer 2015) - $237.00 flat rate
Document Fee - $105.00 one-time fee for all new students
Late Registration Fees - $50.00 during late registration period
- $100.00 after late registration period
Required of any student who drops all courses for which he or she has registered. - $75.00 one-time fee
Health Service Fee** - $475.00 per term (Fall & Spring)
- $216.00 (Summer)
International Services Charge
Required of all international students. - $60.00 per term
Online Course Technology Fee
Required only of on-campus students for each online course taken. - $85.00 per course
Expanded CUIT Account Fee (optional)
Entitles students to extended CUIT computer lab privileges. - $35.00 per term
Student Medical Insurance
- All full-time students must provide proof of insurance or enroll in one of the University plans. This fee is optional for part-time students. Visit Columbia Health for details and rates.
The Program is ideal for:
- Managers and team leaders in a wide range of functions, such as marketing, sales, operations, or finance, with a mandate to enhance decision-making through data
- You should have at least two years of professional experience in fields such as general management, consulting, marketing, financial services, technology, engineering, or entrepreneurship. In addition, you should be looking to enter a leadership role or advance in an existing leadership role at your organization.
There is a high demand for professionals who can help guide organizations to compete and excel in today’s highly competitive, hyper-paced, global economy.
This program will prepare you to:
- Assess an organization’s readiness for analytics
- Evaluate which analytic methods will result in the smartest, most effective decisions
- Produce a well-reasoned and persuasive strategic plan for enterprise-wide analytic initiatives
- Apply strategic business analytics to solve various business problems and create lasting value
- Communicate effectively about enterprise-wide analytic initiatives with fellow executives, analysts, and employees at all levels of your organization
- Develop a culture of data-driven decision-making within the enterprise
For Any inquiry Please fill the below form: